Monday, May 23, 2011

Easter Buckets..An Alternative To Easter Baskets

I have to say- I love these little plastic buckets. I found them at Michael's for $3.99 each ( so they were considerably less expensive than a "real" Easter Basket. I think my favorite thing about them is that they were not the big gallon size... they were tall and skinny.
I took 3 different pieces of printed paper ( one for each kid ). I cut the 12" piece of paper in half and then took my punch and edged 2 of the 3 borders ( couldn't have a girly look for my son ).











I took a circle Nestability and cut a circle out of each piece of paper for the lids. I made brownies in Mason Jars for the kids as well ( this is what I decided to do- mostly because money has been a little tight recently...everything is getting more and more expensive- thank you inflation). They were really yummy- I put a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg inside each of them ( I love peanut butter and chocolate)! After they were devoured, the kids looked around for more.
I actually made "brownie cupcakes" with the leftover brownie mix. After I took them out of the oven- I stuck Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs in each. Yum yummy.










No comments:

Post a Comment