Sunday, March 13, 2011

For Kathryn

A few weeks ago my BFF called and asked me to make some cards for her MOPS group auction ( that happens around the middle of March ). I was so flattered- to be asked to so something like this from the Queen of Crafts is very cool ( you should check out her blog www.mycraftyplayground.blogspot.com ). The first thing I asked her was- "Are you sure?" :) Then I took some time to find ideas for sets of cards. Here's what I came up with. I really enjoyed making these card sets. They're simple, but I think they turned out pretty cute!



For this set of cards ( I made two sets of these )- I used the Daisy stamp from SU! Paper and metal embellishments are from SU!, ribbon is from Kathryn ( thanks Kathryn- the colors wer perfect for this! )


Each set of cards had 6 cards with 3 each having a different sentiment- and a different colored ribbon.

This is the sentiment stamped on the inside of 3 of the cards.



With this next set I used an embossing folder from SU! I also made two sets of 6 cards using this style. Each set is divided in half - so 3 cards are blue and 3 are pink each three have a different sentiment.

Here's a close up of the blue one. I used my i-rock jewel setter for this set.



On the pink cards I used my pearls from SU!
I really like how all four sets of cards turned out. I should really start making my cards in sets- it's so much easier that way! :)
A special thanks to Kathryn for giving me the opportunity to craft for such a good cause!



No comments:

Post a Comment