Sunday, March 13, 2011

For Kathryn

A few weeks ago my BFF called and asked me to make some cards for her MOPS group auction ( that happens around the middle of March ). I was so flattered- to be asked to so something like this from the Queen of Crafts is very cool ( you should check out her blog ). The first thing I asked her was- "Are you sure?" :) Then I took some time to find ideas for sets of cards. Here's what I came up with. I really enjoyed making these card sets. They're simple, but I think they turned out pretty cute!

For this set of cards ( I made two sets of these )- I used the Daisy stamp from SU! Paper and metal embellishments are from SU!, ribbon is from Kathryn ( thanks Kathryn- the colors wer perfect for this! )

Each set of cards had 6 cards with 3 each having a different sentiment- and a different colored ribbon.

This is the sentiment stamped on the inside of 3 of the cards.

With this next set I used an embossing folder from SU! I also made two sets of 6 cards using this style. Each set is divided in half - so 3 cards are blue and 3 are pink each three have a different sentiment.

Here's a close up of the blue one. I used my i-rock jewel setter for this set.

On the pink cards I used my pearls from SU!
I really like how all four sets of cards turned out. I should really start making my cards in sets- it's so much easier that way! :)
A special thanks to Kathryn for giving me the opportunity to craft for such a good cause!

A Reason To Celebrate...

On Saturday, March 5TH and 9:30 p.m ( or so )- my sister delivered her third child! I'm super excited- I LOVE being an AUNT! :) So in celebration of this momentous occasion- I decided to make the following items: Decorated onesies & a framed layout of my sister while she was pregnant.
Okay, here's where I need to be totally honest...I started out with a package of 5 onesies. Much to my annoyance, the purple paint I was using on one of the onesies was too runny ( it was a glittery purple). I didn't know it was too runny until after the image had dried, so I had to toss it. :(
The flower onesie was painted on using a stencil ( which I cut out using my new slice ) made with vinyl. I used the Folk Art brand of acrylic paint.

The teddy bear was a stencil made using the baby cart on the Slice. I think this one is my all time favorite. Paint was Folk Art ( acrylic ).

I stamped this teddy bear using a baby stamp set from SU! (from a few years ago ), ink is momento black, and I colored it with my copic markers.

The giraffe is from the same SU! set. Ink is momento black and colored with my copic markers. Before I colored the images I set them with my heat gun. I found out ( by practicing on an old tee shirt ) that if I didn't set the black ink- then it bled when I used the markers ).

Here's my sister while she was pregnant- I think she looks so beautiful! Most of the printed paper is from SU! Card stock and ribbon are from SU! as well. Flowers are Petal Loos and Prima. Metal accents and movie tickets are Tim Holtz.

Close up of the first part of the title. I used a glitter pen on the brown letters ( Letters cut using Lyrical Letters cartridge for the Cricut ).

It's hard to tell in this photo but I sprayed the letters in Glow with the glittered spritz.

Here's a close up of the flowers , metal accents, and ribbon.
I am so happy with the way this layout turned out. It looks exactly like I pictured it in my head! Which doesn't happen for me that often! After I finished the layout, I went to Michael's and bought a frame for it. After I put the layout inside the frame and propped it up I discovered that the glue dots I used on the key didn't work ( the key fell off ). Next, I tried terrifically tacky tape ( hoping that would work )...about 20 minutes later I heard a clicking noise ( the key fell off again ). So, I guess my next purchase from Michael's is going to be some sort of metal glue ( hopefully, they still carry it! )!