Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Glass Etching Style-

WOW! I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted anything.... I have been doing some crafting ( not as much as I'd like to be doing- but some )- I guess I've been having a problem finding the time to post anything. So, in the next couple of days I'll be posting some of the Christmas gifts I've made.




My sister Sarah was in town for the Christmas holiday. She was looking for an inexpensive ( classy ) way to give gifts to her friends here in town. We took a few hours and headed out to the dollar store, where we bought( out their stock of ) Irish Coffee Cups, 4 beer steins, two martini glasses and a couple squarish glass votive holders. The pictures below are part of our inexpensive Christmas plan.


We took this simple glass votive holder and using my Cricut Expression, vinyl, glass etching solution, and the monster font from the Happy Hauntings cart- made two of these really cute votive holders. We made one with a J ( for her friend Julie) and one with an N ( for her friend Nikai). I had the peppermint tealights and the clear glass marbles- so her total cost was just over $2. What a deal. I love the dollar store.
To wrap these gifts we used these craft lunch bags stuffed with candy cane tissue paper. I reduced, reused and recycled the letter from the cut vinyl. I'm always thrilled when I can re purpose something. I think it also made a really cute and unique way to personalize a gift.




I stamped the tag ( stamp from stampin Up!) and punched it out, then attached it to the bag using pretty red ribbon and twine.
Well, the dishes are waiting- and I have more of these craft photos to edit. I hope you had a blessed holiday season. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment