Sunday, February 21, 2010

Loving My Unity!

I did the Priceless layout for a challenge in and online group that I am a member of. The challenge was to use Brown, Red and Pink in a layout. You could use other colors- but those three had to be seen. I used pictures of Johnny and I from the Eye to Eye 2010 concert that we went to a few weeks ago. I used some striped paper from my stash ( I think it's Christmas paper) pink and brown and red cardstock is from Bazzil. I used some of my UNITY tree stamps. The first one is a single stamp- the other two are from a KOM- I think it was November or Decembers. Not really sure though. Forgot to look.
He is a close up of some of the journaling. I cracked myself up with my Visa commercial journaling. I also journaled around the edges of the pink cardstock.

This is a close up shot of my Now and Then LO( full picture just underneath this one). I used my SU! 3/4" circle punch for the circles- and added little pink and green dew drops every so often.


Here's the Now and Then- The pictures in this LO are of my youngest, Emma. She was 3 months, 2 years, and 10 years old in the pictures. Pink cardstock is Bazzil, printed paper is from the Prima Nursery Rhyme paper pack ( circles are also cut from Prima paper pack paper), I used white bling Thickers, dew drops, prima flowers,( and these really pretty see through flowers) all through the layout. Journaling stamp is from Untiy's February KOM.



Okay, this final layout has no stamps ( not even Unity) on it at all. But, it was part of what I created this weekend- and I like it. :) I did it for a black and white with a splash of color challenge. I used SU! printed cardstock- and regular carstock, pretty puffy brown thickers, prima cream colored flowers( inked brown), vintage buttons from my bff, brown and cream colored pearls from Michael's dollar section.
That's what I spent my weekend doing. It was a really nice change of pace. Though I am going pay for it tomorrow- as my house really suffered...and I'm going to have to "hitch up my big girl pants" and clean. Anyhow, thanks for stopping in. Hope you had a really nice weekend.
~Katherine




4 comments:

  1. Love the layouts. What a great way to spend the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine,
    I love these lo's...I don't think I say the first one, however the other two I had the pleasure of looking at all weekend! TFS!! BTW...mind if lift a couple!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alayna. It was a pretty good way to spend the weekend. I would have liked to have done more though! Sadly, life always manages to get in the way!

    Monica- Thanks so much for the lovely compliments! I don't mind the lifting at all- that's how I get some of my ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine,
    I have sent you a blog award...please come by my blog to pick it up!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete