Sunday, February 7, 2010

Emma @ 10

This layout was done as a challenge in Scrap Happy- an online scrapbooking group that I belong to. My layout looks pretty much like the sketch ( that we had to use). The only difference is that I used buttons and pearls as embellishments. This challenge was a bit out of my comfort zone- mostly because I had to cut the picture to make the layout split between the two pages. YIKES! I even did the journaling! Look at all that I wrote! I'm amazed- I usually do hidden journaling ( when I journal)- so this was a big step outside the box for me!

Here's a detail shot of the staggered and layered flowers, hearts, and circles on the first page. You can see where I used brown and cream colored pearls around the circles and some of the hearts- also I used twine in the button holes.
This is a detail shot of the heart and flower on the second page. You can see the detail with the button and the little pearls on the heart.

I used a Prima paper pack for all the prints- cardstock from my lss. Pearls came from Micheal's dollar section {love that!}, buttons came from my stash- the hearts and flowers were cut with my cricut- using the walk in my garden cart and the Doodlecharms cart for the hearts. The ribbon is from CTMH.

I need to take a break- and rest up some from last night. My husband and I went to the Elton John and Billy Joel concert ( I think they called it EYE to Eye 2010). I bought the tickets last April- the concert was originally supposed to happen November 7TH. However, Elton got sick with the H1N1 and some sort of food poisoning...poor guy, talk about a DOUBLE whammy! Anyhow, it was a great concert- I'll try and post what little pictures I was able to get- in the next couple of days. I'm really kicking myself for not bringing my Cannon Rebel DSL. But, I just didn't want the hassle of carrying it around- and we were all packed into the Key Arena like sardines! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you had a great weekend. Do you watch the Super Bowl? Did your team win? :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this lo! Just beautiful! I don't usually do much journaling either...but this is just so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica. I am SUPER happy with it myself. It's a rarity when that happens. Everything just fell into place- like it was meant to be...

    Erica- thanks. I mostly followed the sketch. I did add some odds and ends- and I chose the colors- but, basically I followed the sketch. It was an awesome sketch. I just love it when things just work out. :D

    ReplyDelete