Saturday, July 25, 2009

Some More Crafty Goodness-

I was in a crafty mood last night. I love it when that happens---especially when I have lots of crafty ideas floating around in my head. I made this card with SU! products- all CS, ribbon and stamps are from SU! This is the first time I've used this particular stamp set- it's called Pick A Petal. The sentiment comes form the Sweet Little Sentiments set. I used my Big shot with the texture plates and embossed the blue CS. You can't really tell in the picture, but I have added bling to some of the polka dots ( I tried to be random).

I also made this LO last night. I have to say- I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I used a sketch from a book called {a photos-first approach to }
DESIGNING LAYOUTS ( by Donna Downey). Though, I did put my own touches to it- the buttons up in the top left hand corner ( of the pictures), the big red flower ( Prima) on the bottom with the year- and I drew lines around everything. I've seen this technique done but this is the first time I've tried it myself. It was actually difficult for me-mostly because I want everything to be a straight line. Now, that I've done the lines for myself- I really like the way it looks. On the dk.blue cardstock( SU) I used a white sharpie pen, the black ink is a black scrap writer pen. The letters are from a package of Cuttlebug Fonts- called "You're Not The Boss of Me". They were on sale at Michael's last night. How could I resist them after that title? The Bonus is I really like the font.:)




These next 2 Layouts I made on Thursday night. I was feeling crafty then too- but I didn't have access to the computer ( I was going to use a sketch from one of my online groups) so, I just decided to wing it. I used the same basic LO- just tweaked them by changing where I put the pictures. I roughed up most of the edges with my edge distresser ( on the Fun in the Sun LO)- then I outlined them several times with my white sharpie- I also outlined the title- I think it makes it stand out. I used my Unity stamp set {Beach Days and Sun Rays} for all the cute little sub-titles- and the fish.


I used re-takes of my nieces 16TH b-day pictures for this LO. I am much happier with these pictures. On this LO I used my Unity stamps {Stylin' Stars} and the bird from July's KOTM. Paper is from my stash- and I can't remember what it's called. I created the title with thickers- brown puffy ones and dk.pink bling ones.I also used liquid glass ( CTMH) on some of the stars and circles to make them POP.


That's it for this BURST of creativity. I hope to be able to create some more- soon. But, you never know when the creativity IMP is going to strike. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you get to do something you enjoy this weekend.

Stay cool- I'm hoping to do so- living in Washington as we do, we don't have central air in our house ( I will NEVER understand why this is...it does get HOT here and the weather has changed a lot over the last 10 years)..So, staying cool might be difficult to achieve. It's supposed to be a SCORCHER for the next 5 days or so. BLECH.

No comments:

Post a Comment