Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Slumber Party, Mini "Popcorn" cupcakes, Choco-chip Waffles &A Thank You Card


Last weekend was my Daughter Linsea's slumber party ( for her 14Th b-day). We allowed her to invite 4 friends to come and stay the night. I made cute little "popcorn" cupcakes ( Recipe found in a book called "Hello Cupcake!"), we had pizza and soda and all sorts of snacks that are bad for you ( Duh, 14 year old girls). It went better than I expected ( 5 hormonal girls in my little 3 bdrm. house is enough to frighten anyone). They all seemed like very pleasant girls and they were kind to Linsea's younger siblings ( a definite must). In the top photo we have Linsea and her friend Kristie. In the next photo is Linsea and her friend Kayla.


For breakfast Sunday morning I made Chocolate chip waffles ( I offered whipped topping or syrup to go with them). They looked really yummy and seemed to be a big hit. My youngest wants slumber parties every weekend now..just so I can make these yummy breakfast treats.


This picture ( with the rainbow platter) is what the cupcakes looked like. They certainly didn't last very long. For those that didn't like marshmallows I had some plain vanilla frosted cupcakes as well.





Lastly, here is a picture of the Thank You cards I made for the girls ( which Linsea has yet to fill out and give them). Stamped image is from Hanna Stamps ( http://www.hannastamps.com/), it's colored with copic markers, ribbon is from SU!, various buttons were used , paper from My Mind's Eye.







Thanks for stopping by. I hope that your week has been full of all that is crafty and fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment