Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Few Things

Despite the fact that I haven't made a post in nearly a month..I have managed to get a few LO'S finished. I did the first one as a birthday challenge in Scrap Happy. Yes, I know it doesn't really have anything to do with a birthday..but, the only thing that was required was that it have the word wish ( wished, wishes..some form of the word wish)..and as I didn't have any birthday pictures printed out I used some of the pictures taken this past winter.
This next LO is of my youngest daughter in her Halloween costume. For this LO the requirements were to use Junque..something that you haven't used on a LO before. I totally went out on a limb here..I used a zipper and some glad press and seal ( in Halloween Print) on some painted chipboard. I must say since this is totally outside my scrap-box....I am really pleased with the results. I will also say that thinking about what I was going to do with this challenge gave me no end of stress and headaches.

This last LO has some pictures of our So.Cal. vacation. We took the kids to Disney Land and to visit my sister Rae who lives there with her girls. We went on the raft ride in California Adventures..and I took before and after pictures ( everyone was soaked..Especially me and my POOR sister). I thought the subject matter called for bold paper..and I am really pleased with the results. It was a sketch challenge in Scrap Happy and the requirements were..to make your own embellishments and to use metal somewhere in the LO. I made the flowers using my Cricut, embossing them with my cuttle bug. I used metal brads and flowers as well.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the layout of Emma for Halloween. That is totally awesome. Probably one of my favorites you've done. :)

    ReplyDelete