Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Was Tagged

Well Shemaine, I'm not sure if I should thank you for this or not. :) This picture is the 6Th one in my 6TH folder. The folder is titled "photo art".

Here's the story behind the photo.

About 2 years ago I got my camera. It's a cannon Rebel XTI ( digital). Around this time we decided to start spending more time together as a family. I bought this book about free fun things to do in our area. Doing inexpensive things as a family was a wonderful way to utilize my new camera. On this day we went to a place called Gillamot. It was a really nice hike leading to the ocean. Near the end of the hike we came across this old house. I took several pictures of it. With this one I took out all the color except the green ( that's why you can see a bit of green on the picture). The most memorable thing about this hike was the fact that my parents came with us. If you knew my parents, you'd know how rare it is for us to spend time together outside the house. I had my camera , my dad had his...and we made it all the way to the ocean...and back up the trail again. It was a good family day. It's still a good memory for me and the children. I hope that this summer we'll be motivated enough to do it again.

And that's the story behind this photo. So, I guess that I'm going to say thanks Shemaine! It was good to relive the memories.

1 comment:

  1. I used to go there quite often before I married JR. I have quite a few memories (and used to have pictures until... well yeah you know)of this place. Including Julie and I getting the car locked down there and us trying to break into the ranger station that is up the trail from there. LOL. IT was cold, she was pregnant and we needed a phone! Ah yes, memories. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete